Sunday 24 June 2012

T Minus 24 Hours

So in less than 24 hours I will be starting my journey to China... how exciting!

For those who don't know, I am an Edinburgh University student studying Chinese and Linguistics, and this trip is an essential part of my degree. I must go to China to immerse myself in their culture and continue improving my language skills in a Chinese classroom and among "real" Chinese people, as well as do a Linguistics project which I have chosen to do on various aspects of native Chinese speakers' English.

My trip will start by flying to Hong Kong with my wonderful boyfriend to meet his family and friends, and towards the end of the summer, once I have my visa and acceptance letter, I will go to Zhejiang Daxue, in Hangzhou to begin my course. And there I will be until summer 2013!

But first I must make it through the 26 hour journey through London and Dubai, and the long goodbyes with my friends and family here... But my bags are packed and I think I'm ready to go. Tonight has been left for cuddling my mum, dad, big sister and cat and for eating what will probably my last bowl of Macaroni cheese for a year.

Goodbye Edinburgh, I'm going to miss you. See you again next year.


2 comments: